Recipe: Perfect Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken
Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. a yummy chicken salad I made this salad using leftover chicken after making chicken soup from scratch. I was looking for a good way to use it up. Add the chicken, apples, grapes and celery.
This delectable recipe is one of our favorite chicken salad recipes. You can serve on a bed of spring greens, stuffed in a sun ripened tomato, or stuffed in a whole wheat pita. Add chicken and grapes to the classic Waldorf salad to make it a hearty main dish. You can have Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken
- You need of Dressing :.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of sour cream.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp. of honey (or granulated sugar).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of poppy seeds.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 tsp. of milk (optional to thin out dressing).
- You need of Salad :.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced apples.
- It's 1/2 cup of red grapes, sliced in half.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- It's 1/4 cup of thinly sliced celery.
- You need 1 of cooked and diced chicken breast.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of chopped romaine lettuce (or green of choice).
This chicken salad is perfect eaten on its own or scooped between a healthy, whole grain bread. Variations on this could be adding jalapeno for a spicy kick or adding more of an assortment of nuts, like almonds or. Leftover rotisserie chicken is the kickoff to this chicken salad snacks served in a croissant. Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic salad made with apples, grapes, pecans and celery in a light, creamy dressing.
Waldorf Style Salad with Chicken step by step
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside..
- The dressing is quite thick (especially if you use sugar instead of honey), so if you'd like it thinner, you can add milk a tsp. or so at a time until you reach the consistency you like..
- For the salad, just toss everything together, drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the top and enjoy!.
- If you'd like to pack this in a mason jar like I do, use a wide mouth quart sized one. Dressing in the bottom, then layer in the celery, apples, grapes, chicken, romaine, dried cranberries and walnuts...in that order..
It's the perfect combination of What To Serve With Chicken Waldorf Salad. I like to serve this over a bed of greens such as baby arugula and baby spinach, in a lettuce wrap, or with a. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving. I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool circle, so we were always on the lookout for new tea-ish Waldorf salad is a favorite of mine because it's a wonderful blend: creamy yet fresh, savory yet sweet.