Easiest Way to Prepare Appetizing Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos
Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. In a large bowl combine quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, avocado, feta and parsley. Make dressing: In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and garlic. "Quinoa with various veggies and a zesty (and easy) vinaigrette that makes a wonderful salad dressing for any salad.
Despite its bum rap, quinoa is a nutritional powerhouse - it is more nutritious than rice! Now, when I think of serving rice with a meal, I often fix quinoa instead. Zesty quinoa salad made with tri-color quinoa, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, green bell pepper, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, fresh mint leaves and a delicious summery dressing that brings all ingredients together. You can have Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 can of black beans ( drained & rinsed ).
- It's 1 can of corn ( Drained & rinsed ).
- You need 2 of avocados diced.
- You need 2 of limes squeezed.
- You need 1 of roma tomato.
- You need 1 of cilantro.
- It's 1 of corn tortillas.
- You need 1 of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of cumin.
This salad is great for both weekday dinners and parties, pot-lucks, picnincs and family gatherings. The dressing is a little tangy with just the right amount of sweetness for a great side year round. All of them combined, make this zesty quinoa salad a Latin explosion of flavors. Abundant fresh cilantro leaves, red bell pepper, jalapeño, red onion… All these ingredients finely chopped, are complemented with black beans and sweet corn kernels.
Zesty quinoa salad & chicken tacos instructions
- Rinse and drain your quinoa. A mesh strainer works best . Once dry heat up your pot and toast the quinoa for a couple of minutes..
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of water in the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 to 18 minutes. Fluff with fork and set aside to cool..
- While quinoa is cooking heat up your grill and rub your chicken breasts with taco seasoning and oil..
- Add chicken to grill and cook throughly, about 4 minutes per side depending on grill..
- Wisk together lime juice,oil,cumin,black pepper,and red pepper flakes.
- In a large bowl fold together quinoa ,black beans, corn,diced roma tomato,chopped cilantro,and cubed avocados while pouring lime juice mixture over the top of it .let sit in fridge or serve immediately..
- Cube chicken into pieces and serve on the corn tortillas..
- I dressed my tacos up with salsa and sour cream. You can also use the quinoa as a topping it will surprise you..
To make this salad even more appealing, I jazz it up with a zesty dressing. I can't believe something so healthy tastes so good. I mean, it's quinoa and usually not too earth-shattering. But I couldn't stop eating this. This quinoa salad is refreshing, crisp and delicious.