Recipe: Delicious Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice. Reviews for: Photos of Cream of Turkey & Wild Rice Soup. I did use Lundeberg's Wild rice Blend instead of wild rice-cost factor-wild rice is not inexpensive-but the Lundeberg's wild rice blend was available at Costco-so I am relieved that I like this soup since I eat. This creamy, comforting soup really chases away the chills on cold fall or winter nights.
Serve this turkey wild rice soup with a nice, crispy romaine salad and a loaf of crusty bread for a complete meal. Lots of turkey leftovers, of course, so I decided to give it a go. I used a wild rice brown rice mix and added that, then also only used one cup of heavy cream because I was low on milk. You can have Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice
- It's 5 cups of shredded left over turkey.
- You need 5 of celery stalks, sliced thin.
- You need 3 of large carrots, sliced thin.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- It's 1 tbs of garlic, minced.
- It's 1/4 cup of marsala cooking wine.
- You need 1 of lg sweet potato.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 qt of whipping cream.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon, or to taste.
- Prepare 8 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- You need 1 sprig of each; fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, fresh sage, minced.
- It's 4 of servings of prepared wild rice.
- It's of Texas toast.
Wild rice is cooked in chicken broth, then combined with turkey, bacon and cream in this warm soup seasoned with poultry seasoning and green onions. This is the best turkey rice soup I have ever experienced. I have made it four or five times since I found the recipe back at Thanksgiving time and it. Scott Stankowski teams up with Chef Thad from Michele's Restaurant and Catering to share his recipe for Cream of Turkey Wild Rice Soup!
Brad's cream of turkey soup with wild rice instructions
- Sautè carrots, onion, and celery in a lg frying pan with a little oil. When onion gets tender, add garlic. When carrots are tender, deglaze pan with marsala. Cook until all liquid reduces..
- Meanwhile cook sweet potato in oven or microwave until soft. Set aside to cool. As soon as it is able to be handled, peel and place in a bowl. Mix 2 tbs of butter and enough whipping cream to make it mash creamy..
- Place turkey, vegetables, herbs, and bacon into a large stock pot. Cover with water. Add bouillon and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add whipping cream and return to a simmer. Slowly add potatoes, stirring constantly until well incorporated. And heated through..
- In a bowl, place rice to one side. Fill bowl with soup. Serve with Texas toast. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
It is similar to a "cream of" soup and ever so delicious with a few simple spice modifications I have made. Cook only until slightly thickened and hot; do not boil. This top-rated smoked turkey and rice soup recipe is perfect paired with a hot grilled cheese sandwich or hearty I use a rotisserie chicken instead of the turkey. I also added mushrooms and a can of cream of chicken. Calls for celery, carrots, lots of shallots, and mushrooms.