Recipe: Perfect Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells.
You can cook Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells
- You need of jumbo shells.
- You need of chicken cut into cubes.
- Prepare of olive oil, divided.
- Prepare of fresh spinach (optional).
- You need of sliced mushrooms (optional).
- It's of egg, lightly beaten.
- You need of ricotta cheese.
- You need of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It's of chopped parsley.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of butter, cubed.
- You need of minced garlic.
- You need of heavy whipping cream.
Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Shells instructions
- Cook shells according to package. Drain and rinse pasta, set aside..
- Brown chicken in half the olive oil, remove and set aside..
- In the same pan saute mushrooms and spinach if using in remaining oil, remove and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- In a bowl combine egg, ricotta, 1 cup grated parmesan, 1 cup mozzarella and all seasonings..
- Grease a large baking dish..
- Stuff shells with cheese mixture and place in prepared baking dish..
- Top with chicken, mushrooms and spinach..
- In a large sauce pan melt butter over med heat, add garlic cook and stir 1 minute..
- Add cream to the butter and garlic sauce and cook 5 more minutes..
- Add 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese..
- Continue to cook and stir until sauce thickens..
- Pour sauce over the shells, chicken and mushrooms..
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Cover with foil..
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncover and bake another 10-15 minutes more..
- Serve with salad and some nice bread..
- If you really like parmesan you can increase the total amount to 3 1/4 cups using 1 1/2 cups in steps 5 and 11 instead of 1 cup..